EAF Berlin is pleased that you’ve visited its website. The protection of your personal data during collection, processing and use is important to us. In the following, we inform you about what kinds of personal data we collect and use during your visit.
1. Name and contact details of the controller
EAF Berlin e.V.
1.1 Name of the external data protection officer
Developing Minds GmbH
You can reach our external data protection officer at the above address, or by e-mail at infodevelopingmindsde.
2. processing of personal data, legal basis and purpose of use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.eaf-berlin.de, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which the access was made (reference URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
- ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When registering for our newsletter
Provided that you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. For the receipt of the newsletter, the specification of an e-mail address is sufficient.
Unsubscribing is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request at any time to
datenschutzeaf-berlinde by e-mail.
c) When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. In doing so, it is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know from whom the inquiry originates and so that we can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your voluntarily given consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
3. Transfer of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a DSGVO,
- the transfer is necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the performance of a contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, which are carried out at your request,
- this is necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c DSGVO for the fulfillment of a legal obligation to which the controller is subject,
- this is necessary under Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data.
In the cookie, information is stored that arises in each case in connection with the specific end device used. This does not mean, however, that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been to our site and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the ongoing optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Matomo (formerly Piwik)
We use the open source software Matomo (formerly Piwik) to analyze and statistically evaluate the use of the website. Cookies are used for this purpose (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie about website usage is transmitted to our servers and summarized in pseudonymous usage profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and to enable us to design our website in line with requirements. The information is not passed on to third parties.
Under no circumstances will the IP address be associated with other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
6. Social Media Plug-ins
We use social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook on our website on the basis of Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO in order to make our company better known. The underlying promotional purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the DSGVO. The responsibility for data protection-compliant operation is to be ensured by their respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place by way of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website as best as possible.
Social media plug-ins from Meta (formerly known as “Facebook” are used on our website to make their use more personal. For this purpose, we use the “Like” or “Share” button. This is an offer from Facebook.
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection with Facebook’s servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the website.
By integrating these plug-ins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly assign your visit to our website to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking the “Like” or “Share” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and demand-oriented design of the Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
Plugins of the short message network of Twitter Inc. (or “X”, formerly known as “Twitter ”) are integrated on our Internet pages. You can recognize the Twitter plug-ins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. You can find an overview of tweet buttons here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet” button while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our pages to your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to be able to associate the visit to our pages, please log out of your Twitter user account.
c) Google+ -Plugins
Our website uses so-called social plug-ins (also known as “plugins”) of the social network Google+, which is operated by Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
In order to increase the protection of your data when visiting our website, these buttons are not unrestricted plug-ins, but are only integrated into the page using an html link. This type of integration ensures that when you call up a page of our website that contains such buttons, no connection is yet established with the Google+ servers. When you click on the button, a new browser window opens and calls up the Google+ page, where you can interact with the plug-ins there (if necessary, after entering your log-in data).
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European Union data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which ensures compliance with the level of data protection applicable in the EU.
7. data subject rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is found to be unlawful, if you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, or if you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing, which was based on this consent, for the future; and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office for this purpose.
8. rights of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail
9. data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread TLS (transport-layer security)/SSL (secure-socket layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status January 2021.